Just a short one.
1. Which man, who died in 2004, served as chairman of the Arts Coucil of Great Britain and the advisory council of the Victoria and Albert Museum, a director of the Royal Opera House, a trustee of Glyndebourne, a member of the National Art Collections Fund committee, and treasurer of the Historic Churches Preservation Trust was made a life peer of Penn's Rocks in East Sussex in 1975?
2. Who is the current manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers FC?
3. And which footballer scored on his Wolverhampton Wanderers debut in January 2008, having been signed by McCarthy from Luton Town for £675,000?
4. Which Scottish actress is best known for playing Tina Hunter in the popular BBC Scotland soap opera ‘River City’ and has also played Michelle in ‘Dear Green Place’?
5. Who captained the Mayflower on its transatlantic voyage that established the Plymouth Colony settlement in Massachusetts in 1620?
6. Which Scottish international footballer scored Derby County’s winning goal as Derby ran out 1–0 winners over West Bromwich Albion in the 2007 Championship playoff final?
7. What was the real name of Anthony Burgess, the author of ‘A Clockwork Orange’?
8. Also the first British flag officer to become a pilot, who was commander of the Greek Navy at the outbreak of World War I?