1. Skansen Parowozownia Kościerzyna is a famous museum located in Kościerzyna in Poland that is dedicated to which subject?
2. In which city is the Italian newspaper 'La Stampa' published?
3. Located near the Austrian border in the town of Grainau, what is the name of Germany's highest mountain?
4. Which river, that rises in Belarus, flows through Kernavė, the medieval capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and the current capital, Vilnius?
5. Which 1981 film adaptation of Klaus Mann's novel of the same name, directed by István Szabó, was awarded the 1981 Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film?
6. Widely regarded as the greatest comic poem in the history of Irish literature, what is the English translation of the title of Brian Merriman's 1000 line poem that has the Irish title 'Cúirt An Mheán Oíche'?
7. Meaning 'jumps in the mouth' in Italian, what is the name of the dish, popular in Switzerland, Italy, Spain and Greece that is made of veal, chicken or pork and topped with prosciutto and sage?
8. Who served as the last King of Italy for just over a month in 1946?
9. The Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen starred as which villain in the 2006 Bond film 'Casino Royale'?
10. The Baradla cave, the largest stalactite cave of Europe, is to be found in the Aggtelek National Park in which country?
11. Which pianist and composer, who wrote the opera 'Manru', served as the third Prime Minister of Poland in 1919?
12. Which Babylonian King ordered the construction of the Ishtar Gate in around 575BC?
13. Also known as The Halászbástya, what is the name of the neo-Gothic and neo-Romanesque style terrace designed by Frigyes Schulek in the late 19th Century that lies on the Buda bank of the Danube? Its seven towers are said to represent the seven Magyar tribes that settled in the Carpathian Basin in the 9th Century.
14. Which creature features on all of Finland's euro coins from one to fifty cents?
15. Which creature features on Germany's one and two euro coins?
16. And which creature features on Greece's one euro coin?
17. Dating from the 13th Century, what is the oldest city in Finland that served as the nation's capital between 1809 and 1812?
18. Which Christmas carol, with lyrics by Father Josef Mohr and a melody composed by Franz X. Gruber, was first performed in the Nicola-Kirche in Oberndorf in Austria on Christmas Day in 1818?
19. Which town in Swedish lapland is best known for its hotel made entirely from ice, the world's first such hotel?
20. Which Bulgarian physicist, who died in 1995, is best remembered as the inventor of the first automatic electronic digital computer?
21. Which Czech educator and scientist wrote 'Didactica Magna', in which he was one of the first people to put forward the concept of universal education?
22. First published in the 1850s, what is the name of the epic poem by Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwald that is often considered to be the Estonian national epic?
23. What is the largest city on the River Guadiana on the Iberian Peninsula?
24. Which German film director and playwright directed the 1999 documentary 'Buena Vista Social Club'?
25. Who is the Tunisian-born librettist who worked with the composer Claude-Michel Schönberg to create the musicals 'Les Misérables' (1980), 'Miss Saigon' (1989) and 'The Pirate Queen' (2006)?
26. What was the name of the satirical novel by Jaroslav Hašek, that was left unfinished at his death in 1923 and illustrated by Josef Lada, that tells the story of a Czech army veteran?
27. Which brother of a famous female singer wrote the novel 'Cowboys and Indians' that was shortlisted for the Whitbread Prize in 1991?
28. Taking its name from the Dutch for 'eel lake', which town in the Netherlands is home to the world's largest flower auction and is thus sometimes described as the flower capital of the world?
29. In 1530, which island did Pope Clement VIII grant to the Order of Knights of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem?
30. Which Spanish cyclist was announced as the winner of the 2007 Tour de France upon the disqualification of Michael Rasmussen?
6. THE MIDNIGHT COURT
8. UMBERTO II
9. LE CHIFFRE
11. IGNACY JAN PADEREWSKI
12. NEBUCHADNEZZAR II
13. FISHERMAN'S BASTION
18. SILENT NIGHT
20. JOHN VINCENT ATANASOFF
21. COMENIUS (JOHN AMOS COMENIUS)
24. WIM WENDERS
25. ALAIN BOUBLIL
26. THE GOOD SOLDIER ŠVEJK (or in full THE FATEFUL ADVENTURES OF THE GOOD SOLDIER ŠVEJK DURING THE WORLD WAR)
27. JOSEPH O'CONNOR
30. ALBERTO CONTADOR